Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Monday. BLECH!

It all started fine.  We got up at 6:00, read scriptures, cleaned the house, and the younger boys were off to school.  I got to go exercise and even shower.  TJ had an eye appointment and Jason was home sick so I decided to take Jason's van and run my errands.  BIG MISTAKE!  Ten minutes down 7800 South I checked my blind spot the same instant the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes.  BANG )#($* CRASH ^)$(#* BOOM @()#$& SMOKE )#(%&**#(+ !   Did I mention I was in Jason's COMPANY CAR?!?  Luckily nobody was hurt.  The guy in front of me was very nice and even apologetic.  Jason came and had to do the dance with his company's safety team.  The bad news is that it goes on Jason's work record even though I was driving.  The good news is Jason's company is so cool that he had a rental within a few hours and they will pay for everything.  It doesn't go on our insurance.  I thought Jason was going to kill me, or leave me in a ditch, but true to form he is able to laugh about it with me.  What a great guy!

8 comments:

dede said...

sorry about the accident, but what a great start to a Monday (I think at 10:00 on Monday my baby wasn't dressed, I was still trying to figure what happened to the house during the weekend, exercise and a shower didn't exsist!) Glad Jason was a good sport!

Jodi said...

I was wondering what happened. We were going to come over on Monday and ask but it was Monday and that is family night. Hope that you are okay along with your pride.

Melissa said...

Are you kidding? You got to shower? Lucky!!

I'm glad you are okay. And I knew Jason wouldn't be able to sell you...the kingdom NEEDS it's queen!!

Hope he's feeling better! AND I hope your Tuesday was MUCH better!

Saralin said...

Sorry about your accident. Glad you're OK. The rest of the week can only get better.

Bobette said...

You have been tagged!

Kim said...

Glad you are safe!! Sorry it had to happen!

Jody said...

So sorry to hear about the accident; and so glad to hear that nobody was injured. Hope your week has been better!

robin said...

so sorry to hear about your car accident. I'm glad you have such an understanding husband. I was surprised when I got into my car accident at the tender age of 16 and I thought my dad was going to kill me (I even told the police officer so) when to my surprise he pulled up, hugged me and asked if I was all right.